Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Is Heaven for Real?

Oh, those wonderful TV commericals...

Right after our first visit to Crossroads, J saw a commerical for the movie "Is Heaven for Real?".  He immediately began requesting to watch it. 

At first, I kind of blew it off - not sure I wanted to go there with him just yet.  Of course it is for real.  That's where Great Grandparents and our dogs have gone.  They live at a prime age.  No arthritis pain or memory loss - just everyone at their prime - living joyfully.

But he kept asking.  Sometimes totally out of the blue. 

So, being the bookworm I am, let's read the book, so I could get a feel for what it says before sharing with him.  Only, the book had some pretty negative reviews that I really did not want to share with J at his tender age.

Option 2 - the movie.

I reached out to my friends on Facebook, and got back wide-spread, resounding - share with J. 

So this weekend, we did.  And we were entranced.

I liked it backed up what we've taught him.  It reinforced Heaven is indeed for real.  That children have had the opportunity to see him, and still be here on Earth is confusing, and honestly - I think a tad over his head - since he hasn't asked a lot of questions.  I'm expecting the first to be - Why?  Why that child and not me?

And I won't lie, I question that as well.

But I'm glad to see God still opens doors to reinforce Faith of the Masses.  We have to believe in what we can't see.  It's an amazing thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment